Hey ya’ll! I turned 25 today (where did the time go?) so I thought I would share 25 things you may not know about me! I am pretty sure you will learn a lot that you didn’t know in the next few minutes!
- I have a twin sister who is a minute older and a brother who is four years younger. We are all in vitro babies. Thank goodness for modern science or we wouldn’t be here.
- My boyfriend Tyler and I have been dating for almost 2 years and we met in Nashville. He grew up with a guy who worked at the gym that I joined in 2013. I went to a dinner party involved with the gym one night (and the guy brought Tyler with him) and that’s how we met!! I actually introduced myself to Tyler as, “Hi my name is Paula, I moved to Nashville 6 months ago and I don’t really have any friends . . .” Real smooth, I know. Ha-ha. It worked for me though. 😉
- I interned in the country music business (in Nashville) every summer of college. I did a summer at a publishing company, radio station, artist management company and digital marketing firm.
- I studied business administration in college. I majored In Marketing at the University of Florida and graduated in 2013. My Mom, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, Sister and Brother all went to UF too. Being a Gator is a family tradition.
- I currently work in automotive finance for a large bank in Nashville. In the past three years I have worn many hats including collecting on auto loans, approving/denying auto loans, and working on credit packages for car dealerships. I have learned a lot and actually worked in over 7 departments of the company. It is the only job I have had since I graduated from college.
- I am super excited about this blog. I have put a lot of time and money into it since November. I can’t wait to see where it goes while I keep putting a lot more work into it! I never knew how far I could push myself before now. Sometimes I come home after a full day of work, hour of working out, and I still work on the blog for another 3-4 more hours. It’s exhausting, but totally worth it.
- I am a super people person. I love to be around people all the time. If you stick me alone all day I am pretty much miserable.
- My favorite meal is breakfast and I LOVE coffee of any kind.
- I was born and raised in North-east Florida. I grew up 15 minutes from the beach.
- Fun Fact: My three most used emojis are clenched teeth, heart eyes, and a winky face. I use wayyy more emojis than I should.
- My current playlist consists of Taylor Swift all day err day, with a little Eric Church and Adele on the side. T-Swift has pretty much helped me and every other girl through life since age 15 aka forever.
- Favorite coffee bev= Mocha if it’s a Saturday, black coffee on a week day, and latte if I’m feeling like mixing it up a little. A local coffee shop makes the best mocha in my opinion, but you will still find me at a Starbucks at least once a week. It’s an obsession.
- When I ask my family/boyfriend to describe me in one word, they would say loving. I just love to love. When it comes to loving people my motto is #cantstopwontstop. OBVS there are a few exceptions to that rule. 😉
- I’m a super emotional person and cry about a lot of things! I just have a lot of feelings! Ha-ha
- Stress relief to me is: a Saturday morning where I can wake up and do whatever I want for the day, this includes a huge cup of coffee.
- My most precious material item is a gold band ring that was my grandmother’s wedding band for her 60-year marriage. She recently passed away in January and was even wearing the ring at the time of her passing. We were extremely close so I wear it everyday. I wear it so I can be reminded of her presence in my life, how much I loved her and the lovely woman that she was to me.
- I never post anything on my personal Facebook page. I only keep it so I have a way to reach out to people I have met through the years who I don’t have their phone numbers. I spend the majority of my social media time on Instagram. Even though I post a lot on social media with blogging I spend very little personal time on social media.
- One word to describe my life at the moment: hustle. I like to stay busy. If I am not at work I am usually traveling somewhere, or with people.
- I love checking out all the new hipster places in Nashville on the weekends. Nashville is currently booming and with that comes new/interesting coffee shops, boutiques, and restaurants monthly. So I like to check them out! It is exciting for me because when I was growing up all we really had in close proximity to my house was a Wal-Mart. You had to drive 30-45 minutes for anything else. So its fun to see all the neat stuff and see what kind of small business people come up with.
- My cell phone is attached to my hip (not literally ha-ha) because I have to call my boyfriend, my mom, or my Dad at least twice a day. I tell myself that I just like to be in the loop. They tell me that I am needy. I’ll let you be the judge.
- I LOVE podcasts. Seriously, obsessed. I listen to podcasts about nutrition, religion, blogging, passive income businesses, court cases, and many other topics. I never really knew about them until a year ago but they are probably my favorite form of entertainment. It’s like having intelligent conversation with someone but you don’t have to respond. You can read a list of some of my favorite podcast shows from 2015 in this post.
- My dream car would be to own an F-150 Raptor with the graphics on the side (black on black). I joke around that I would live in it too since it cost the same as some peoples mortgages, ha-ha. I could never justify spending that much on a pick up truck for myself personally, but its fun to dream.
- I am really soft spoken and one of my bad qualities is I don’t speak up (volume wise) when I should. My voice is so quiet naturally that sometimes I forget it comes across that way. So I have been trying to speak up lately. . . and I’ve still been forgetting . . .
- Half of my personal belongings are orange and blue. You can thank my mother for buying me everything Florida Gator since I was a kid. I even have Florida Gator duct tape . . .. I am one of those cheesy people who has their favorite sports team all over everything. I am not ashamed, ha-ha.
- I am a believer in Christ. The only reason I wake up everyday is to live in God’s purpose. That’s it.
As I hit 25, I am hoping it’s going to be a great year! I am so thankful for your support and words of encouragement as I continue to update Living Paula each week; it means so much to me that you would even take the time to read this post! It’s challenging to 100% accurately depict who I am by way of social media and this blog, so hopefully this gives you a little more insight into the real Living Paula.
Please feel free to comment and share a little about yourselves, too! I would love to get to know you better!